We've had some requests to give an update on how our house is coming. Jocie and I haven't had too much $$$/time to work on our house lately, but the Labor Day holiday provided me with some time to work on smaller projects at my shop. I finished the crown molding on our fireplace and then trimmed out the fireplace opening. I also built and installed these killer custom bookshelves that we love! They look awesome and when we get rid of the light valances above the window and install our can lighting, they will look even better! What do you think of the bookshelves?
This is what it looked like when we moved in. It's just a little different...
And here are our kitchen floors. They are a vinyl laminate that comes in planks like real wood floor and you cut to fit. They look great and provide a completely waterproof surface! We love the lighter color. Now we just need a backsplash!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
House Update!
Posted by Blog oF Brown at 9:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Jocelyn, your house looks so retro and beautiful. You have such good taste. You look so gorgeous in all of your pictures. I'm so happy that you have a blog. Let's become blogging friends. Courtneyandmckay.blogspot.com.
Ok, this is the last comment I'll leave you, sorry for the barrage of commenting. Your house looks maayo GID. Pisan ka! We might need your help in a few weeks finding a house down there.... but we'll see. And send me text once in a while, brother!
Grabe kanami ang imo shelves! Antes ko nagbasa sang imo blog, nakita ko ang shelves mo kag nanamian ko gid nga daan.
You house is coming along nicely. Want to come over and do the same to our place? :) Just kidding.
Shelves look great Scott! And I love the floor. I can't wait to do the flooring in our house too...which brings me to Jon-Michael's comment... He's not kidding!
Love it! We miss you guys!
Hey Joce your lookin hot. Thats a cute pic of the two of you in front of the museum. Your house looks so good I love what you guys have done around the fire place. The shelves are beautiful!
look at your cute house!! I love it! You are so dang cute too...
To the Browns of the Blog of Brown, from Carrie: Your house is BEAUTIFUL! Plus, I'm so impressed by the fact you're actually the ones doing the physical improvements. I love the yellow paint, and I like the painting over the fireplace. Thanks for keeping such a fun, up-to-date blog (I'll try getting my up to snuff someday - you set a high standard). Josie - I stalked you on facebook, and do I gather you're reading "Anna Karenina"? If so, I'm so excited (there was a comment about Levin on your page, who's a character in the book). We recently moved to Kennewick, WA (Liz Maxfield and Kyle's hometown), and now we're in a more driveable distance of the Salt Lake Valley, so if you're still willing to be our friends despite my poor (read: lack) of communication this past year, I'd love to see you in your fabulous abode. Much love - Carrie
so this is totally unblog related, but Joclyn, I NEED you! Liz gave me some footsies for my birthday and I LOVE them and have had people ask about them (its only been four days!) I for one need more, but I am wondering if you sell them online anywhere...ever heard of etsy.com? its like ebay only all handmade stuff...
Post a Comment